If your business involves the transport of heavy cargo such as pressure vessels, columns and heavy machinery, there are two major options on how you can meet your heavy haulage needs. The first option is to purchase your own heavy transport vehicles, or you can go for the more practical second option of renting the services of a heavy transport company.
Either option can cater to your heavy haulage needs, but when it comes to transporting heavy equipment, there are a number of things that you have to consider. When your moving task is not carefully planned and carried out, this may result to financial losses which may be caused by unforeseen accidents on the road, or damages caused by improper handling and transport of cargo. But such problems can be earlier prevented if you keep the following tips in mind.
Heavy Haulage Road Transport Tips
Transporting heavy equipment by land can be safely done by increasing your awareness about the whole moving process. Whether you are about to transport pressure vessels, columns, and other types of heavy cargo, you may find these guidelines useful for you.
benefits of renting transport equipment instead of buying them:
– Plan first before anything else. Before you send out your heavy truck on the road, make a plan and analyse your heavy haulage requirements with your transport specialist. Careful planning plus advice from a transport professional lowers your risk of encountering problems during the entire transport process.
– Pick the right transport vehicle. To successfully transport your heavy cargo, it would be best to select the right transport vehicle. If you would be moving long heavy loads such as columns, then your average trailer won’t do. For long heavy loads, extendable trailers would be the perfect choice because of their added functionality of being extended. Depending on what kind of heavy cargo you’ll move, noting its characteristics is very essential on choosing the most appropriate transport vehicle.
– Note all pertinent data of your cargo. For the safe transportation of your load, you need to note all of its necessary information. For example, if you are to transport pressure vessels, it is important to keep a record of the type of chemical within the vessel, its weight, dimensions, and other relevant data for the proper handling of your cargo.
– Properly secure your heavy load. Make sure that the cargo being loaded to your transport vehicle is secured with the right restraints to prevent things to fall off along the way. If large loads such as heavy machinery would fall off, imagine the problems it could bring – road traffic, delayed deliveries, and even physical damages.
– Don’t forget to comply with the legal requirements. Ensure that your entire transportation process meets legal requirements. See to it that no laws are violated both from the city or town of origin, to its destination. To help you in this step, you can discuss it with your transport specialist, or refer to the respective governing bodies.
– Ask for help and assistance from a heavy haulage company. If you think you can’t handle all the above-mentioned considerations, then it would be a wiser step to seek assistance from heavy haulage companies. From loading your cargo to preparing the required documents, a heavy haulage company would go the extra mile to provide you great transportation services with affordable shipping charges.
It is one of your responsibilities to guarantee a safe heavy equipment transport. But for a more hassle-free transport process, you could always hire the services of heavy haulage companies. Many have opted to hire instead of purchasing their own heavy transport vehicle because of its great benefits.
Should you buy or rent a transport vehicle?
Contrary to what you may think, buying heavy equipment transport vehicle is not always a requirement. You do have the option to rent a transport vehicle. The following are some of the benefits of renting transport equipment instead of buying them:
– Lower monthly expenses. Renting transport vehicles is less costly compared with buying them. Companies and business owners won’t have to include capital investments, storage costs, maintenance costs, and tracking services costs for the freight transport vehicle.
– Complete transportation project more efficiently. Heavy haulage companies are the experts when it comes to heavy transport, so rest assured, your transportation project can be completed safely and efficiently.
If you are looking for a reliable heavy haulage company in Australia, then Membrey’s is your best choice. From heavy machinery to large columns and pressure vessels, they can move anything for you.
Author: Sammy Blackmore
Sammy is a wordsmith at Membrey’s Transport and Crane Hire, and is working to enhance her skills as a content specialist on trucks and construction.Just like her father, she loves trucks and just about anything powered by an engine. Follow her on Twitter: @Sammy Blackmore.